Wayfair’s first brick and mortar store, according to a report in the industry business publication Furniture Today, will be located in a Cincinnati suburb and is labelled as an outlet. A place where you can buy excess inventory, including returns that according to most people have been excessive even by online standards. No longer will Wayfair boast the statement of ‘The consumer will not have to search ‘Wayfair Stores near me’, as google trends prove the search term ‘Wayfair stores near me’ has increased from August 2017 to August 2018. Proving that a store could be what the consumer wants. Wayfair has become known as one of the largest home furnishing e-commerce retailer, rolling out collection after collection of smaller sites under one umbrella, though it continues to operate these specialised home sites, it continued to believe up until recently that there was no need for a brick and mortar store. However, research conducted by Mintel proves that 63% of consumers agree with the statement of there is no substitute for touching or trying furniture before buying. However, with social sites such as Pinterest and Instagram, 61% of consumers say that they like to start their journey online and continue their customer journey instore. This makes it vital that the retailer’s own website is full of rich content that engages the audience with imagery that is appealing. This content can be then translated into in-store point of sale merchandising touch points that interacts with the customer. Through using the same imagery as on the website, the customer will instantly recognise the branding in-store and will want to investigate further. Using an FSDU with smaller furnishings such as cushions and other accessories is a great way to upsell with larger products. By strategically placing offers and promotions on smaller goods housed in a unit next to larger items, it will allow customers to engage with the point of sale and make a purchase based off recommendation.
By using Free standing display units you have the power to:
- Control how your product is presented and looks to your consumer.
- Push sales at the point of purchase.
- Increase your products visibility amongst the noise of competitors products.
- Maximise your brands awareness in a busy retail environment
Our FSDUs are:
- Lightweight so you can position the display wherever you want.
- Durable so you can display your products on for a long period of time.
- Easy to assemble, and to disassemble. Ultimately reducing the amount of time spent merchandising your products.
- Flat packed for low distribution and storage costs.
- We print our FSDUs a number of ways depending on the clients brief. Our most popular printing method is printing in high definition using quality UV inks on sturdy EB flute board.