Counter display units (CDU) are an effective way of displaying and promoting smaller products in areas where customers are about to purchase something else. Their eye-catching, on-brand designs help to encourage customers to buy specific products, boosting sales.
What are Counter Display Units?
They are a type of retail display unit that helps to boost sales for certain products and are usually positioned at the point of sale or purchase areas. A CDU unit fits into small spaces and is primarily used for promoting smaller products using euro hooks, tiered levels, or a simple unit with eye-catching visuals.
Simpson Group can help you design a bespoke range of counter top display units that promote your products and boost sales. They are an excellent way of encouraging impulse purchases for last-minute offer-based products and are an effective way to display and promote new, smaller products.
Their lightweight, portable design makes a CDU a dynamic promotional display option for both retailers and brands, offering an easy, affordable, and effective way to advertise impulse buys and build brand awareness that can increase sales. We create each unit to fit our client’s retail environment printing in high definition using quality UV inks on sturdy EB flute boards.
Are you looking for additional Retail Display Stands in your store?
For Counter displays to be an effective marketing tool, they need to be eye-catching and display all of the information about the product, helping customers to decide to buy. They are the perfect way to display the things you want to draw attention to, which means the messaging and design need to be spot-on.
CDUs need to fit into small spaces and be durable as they are likely to get a fair amount of use as customers grab the product on their way past the unit. And they need to be quick and easy to put together and take apart and can be moved around without falling apart. A CDU unit that doesn’t fit together well won’t last and may put customers off picking up the product if they have collapsed or ripped.
Counter Top Display Units provide are a useful type of Retail Display that can encourage impulse purchases
CDUs are a cost-effective way of displaying items you want customers to make a snap purchasing decision about. They can be customised with any design or logo, reflecting the brand messaging, making them an effective marketing tool. Made from cardboard, countertop display units are sustainable and can be used time and time again in different locations around the store. And because they are compact, they make the best use of small spaces and help you to draw attention to specific products, enticing customers to buy.
Our Counter Display Units are:
- Lightweight so you can position the Counter Display Unit wherever you want
- Durable so you can display your products on for a long period of time
- Easy to assemble, and to disassemble. Ultimately reducing the amount of time spent merchandising your products
- Flat packed for low distribution and storage costs
- We print our CDUs a number of ways depending on the client’s brief. Our most popular printing method is printing in high definition using quality UV inks on sturdy EB flute boards.
When creating your bespoke Counter Display Units with Simpson Group, you will work with our CAD design team and client services team to guide you through the whole process, from the initial idea to the finished product. If you would like to discuss your options with our team, then be sure to get in touch or give us a call on 0191 416 1579 to get started today!
We print our CDUs a number of ways depending on the clients brief. Our most popular printing method is printing in high definition using quality UV inks on sturdy EB flute boards.
How can you get the most out of your CDUS?
Eye-catching, space-saving, sustainable, versatile, and budget-friendly, countertop display units are an essential weapon in any retailer’s merchandising arsenal. Strategically positioned, these units are a great way to draw attention to specific products and increase last-minute sales by creating impulse purchases when customers are at the point of buying something else. Here are some of the ways you can maximise their effectiveness:
- Complement your brand and product: A counter display unit is an off-the-shelf solution that’s designed to stand out at the last point of the purchasing journey. But that doesn’t mean you should stray from your store’s overall design theme. The units can be created with the same branding and messaging as your free-standing display units, creating a cohesive campaign.
- Look through your customer’s eyes: Counter Display Units are often small unless they are tiered, so your design needs to stand out to catch your customer’s attention.
- Think practically: CDUs are lightweight and portable – but moving them around can impact their durability. Before designing your CDU, think about the products it will be used to display and whether they’re a suitable choice for this type of unit. Our CAD team will weight-test your units to make sure that they are store-ready and the best way of displaying a particular product.
- Show products in their best light: Whether you position your counter display units at the till point, on a display stand, or another counter, the customisable nature of the CDU means that you can find a design that draws maximum attention to smaller key products – and with some strategic in-store lighting, you can make your product promotions shine.
- Keep the units well-maintained: This type of display will attract a lot of direct contact from customers. Make sure they are kept clean and in good order so that they promote the products in the best light.
CREATE YOUR COUNTER DISPLAY UNIT TODAY
When creating your bespoke Counter Display Units with Simpson Group, you will work with our CAD designers and client services team to guide you through the whole process, from the initial idea to the finished product. If you would like to discuss your options with our team, then be sure to give us a call on 0191 416 1579 to get started today! Get A Quote