Counter Display Units
What is a Counter Display Unit?
Counter display units (CDU) are a type of display unit that is usually positioned at Point of sale (POS) or point of purchase (POP) areas. They are usually situated near a counter and utilise space when it is limited, primarily used for promoting smaller products using euro hooks, tiered levels or a simple unit with eye-catching visuals. Simpson Group can help you design a bespoke range of counter display, or shop display cabinets that promote your products to your customers. CDUs are an excellent way of encouraging impulse purchases and last minute buys of offer based products, or are great to display smaller new products. Their lightweight, portable design makes a CDU a dynamic promotional display option for both retailers and brands, offering an easy, affordable and effective way to do everything from advertising impulse buys to building brand awareness.
By using a counter display unit you have the power to:
- Control how your product is presented and looks to your consumer.
- Push sales at the point of purchase.
- Increase your products visibility amongst the noise of competitors products.
- Maximise your brands awareness in a busy retail environment
- Increase impulse purchases as customers complete their in-store journey.
Our CDUs are:
- Lightweight so you can position the countertop display unit wherever you want.
- Durable so you can display your products on for a long period of time.
- Easy to assemble, and to disassemble. Ultimately reducing the amount of time spent merchandising your products.
- Flat packed for low distribution and storage costs.
- We print our CDUs a number of ways depending on the clients brief. Our most popular printing method is printing in high definition using quality UV inks on sturdy EB flute board.
How can you get the most out of your CDUs?
Eye-catching, space-saving and budget-friendly, CDUs are an essential weapon in any retailer’s merchandising arsenal – often positioned near the till point these units are great to increase last minute sales by creating impulse purchases amongst buyers:
- Complement the brand and the product: A counter display unit may be an off the shelf solution that’s designed to stand out at the last point of the purchasing journey, but that doesn’t mean you should stray from your store’s overall design theme. Be cohesive and use the same designs as your free standing display unit on your counter display units.
- Look through your customers’ eyes: Counter display units are often small, unless they are tiered – so you’ll need to think strategically when it comes to obtaining your customers attention. Carefully designing your CDUs will benefit your business as it will stand out to your customers and positioning and crucial marketing messages you want to display.
- Think practically: CDUs are lightweight, meaning they’re portable – but there’s no doubt that moving your cud will become more or less challenging depending on the products you decide to merchandise on it. Before designing your CDU, think about the products it will be used to display – and whether they’re a suitable choice for these light, counter display units. Working with our CAD team we can weight test all of our units to make sure that they are store ready and you won’t have any issues once they have been built.
- Show products in their best light: Whether you position your counter display units at the till point, a display stand or on another counter, the customisable nature of the CDU mean you can find a design that draws maximum attention to smaller key products – and with some strategy in-store lighting, you can make you’re product promotions shine. Maximise the impact of every CDU by placing a spotlight overhead, and your special offers will soon attract customers.
Can I order a customised CDU?
Yes you can, if you have something in mind that doesn’t fit our ready made CDU solutions then we have a team of experienced CAD designers who can walk through the process of creating a bespoke unit for your brand.
The benefits of having a bespoke CDU is that it is solely unique to your brand, and won’t be seen anywhere else. You also have full control of the finished look and feel of the CDU – this gives you the opportunity to tweak any detail you see fit.
Other than working with a team of CAD designers, you will have a member of our client services team guide you through the whole process, from initial idea to the finished product. At Simpson Group we are here with you every step of the way.
0191 416 1579 / firstname.lastname@example.org