Supply Chain Coordinator
The position: Supply Chain Coordinator
You will have a shared responsibility for the day to day supply chain requirements of the company. Sourcing materials to fulfil job specifications, as well as identifying and negotiating with outsource providers. Your focus will be to drive value for money throughout the organisation.
Results and Outcomes
Driving value for money is a key skill and requirement for this role. The successful candidate will be customer focussed with an engaging personality, capable of developing and maintaining close working relationships with key suppliers and fellow workers. We require a team player who is well organised, proactive and with the ability to effectively plan all aspects of the function. Great communication skills are a must.
We are looking for a time-served, experienced buyer, qualified to at least CIPS Level 3. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of appropriate new, alternative suppliers and development of relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that service levels and cost savings are maximised.
- Constant monitoring of the performance of suppliers, setting appropriate measurements of performance in line with the quality system and expected or agreed service levels.
- Close management of stock on hand levels, minimising owned and consignment stock levels using appropriate ordering techniques and practices.
- Provision of support to the Customer Services team by co-ordinating and managing sub-contract work.
- Assistance with enquiries and provide competitive proposals to ensure that prices are set at acceptable profitable levels.
- Working closely with Production Management / Planning to ensure customers’ requirements are met on time and in full.
- Challenging suppliers for any lapses in service or quality failures, work closely with Operations to identify any quality issues and maximise re-dress from suppliers for any such issues. The salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please apply in writing, attaching a copy of your CV, to Kevin Wills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th July 2020.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
The position: Key Account Manager
Due to existing client expansion, we are currently looking for an experienced Key Account Manager to coordinate the day to day business requirements of some of these clients. You will be working within a team supporting them to achieve the following outcomes:
Results and Outcome
Supporting the team to achieve the following outcomes/aims:
- Sales Growth on Key Accounts
- Gross Margin Improvement on Key Accounts
As a client-facing role, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, together with the ability to manage client expectations. In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent print knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- The ability to prioritise and simultaneously manage multiple jobs
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A flexible and robust attitude and be able to work to deadlines
- Good numeracy and commercial awareness
- Good MS Office skills
- The ability to effectively manage client expectations
- The salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please apply in writing, attaching a copy of your CV, to Nigel Lawton, Commercial Manager – N.Lawton@simpsongroup.co.uk