Both digital and printed signage has its advantages and disadvantages, however it depends which type best fits your brand and how you expect your target consumer to read your marketing messages in-store. What you need to ask yourself is, is printed signage the right choice for the type of customer that I want to target, and what benefits will they get and how will they perceive my brand?
It’s known that digital signage has its perks of being able to be updated instantly with current content and marketing messages, however the amount of digital signage that you can have in your store compared to traditional signage is no comparison in terms of cost. It’s great having one digital sign to show the current and most eye grabbing offers, however what you need to ask yourself is do you have the level of expertise to set the digital signage up, if not how much would it cost you to re-develop the content every time you have a new message that you want to push out. Often companies will employ an external agency to deal with the maintenance of the signs, however what you need to ask yourself is do you have the budget and how will it affect your overall revenue. If none of these are an issue and you feel your customer would benefit from digital signage, then this could be the option for you. However printed signage can add authenticity and give your retail a more humanised feeling.
- One of the most effective type of printed signage is vehicle signage. Often printed on vinyl, this piece of print is a moving billboard! A digital sign may include motion graphics however how does it compare to your messages being exposed to countless amounts of people viewing your signage on the streets and busy areas. This makes printed ads sure to be seen, making them an effective marketing tool for your business at a low cost.
- Simpson Group’s signage can be printed on most types of materials imaginable. We have several clients who market several seasonal sales where the POS remains the same until the next year. As our printed signage POS is both sustainable and recycle, this gives our customers the option to reuse again and to recycle once they are done with it. Not only does this save money in the long run, but it allows you to contribute to recycling.
- The possibilities of interacting with printed signage are endless. Using scannable graphics such as QR codes not only engages your customer but gives you the option to cross market your online and offline marketing channels. With technological advances it is now possible to use mobile apps to scan printed signage and enable them to come to life on a mobile/ tablet screen. This will engage and elevate the customer’s in-store shopping experience. Anything that makes a customer want to stop and take out their phone to capture your signage opens your printed signage to a new audience.
- Research indicates that 85% of your customers live or work within a 5-mile radius of your business. This means they potentially see your sign 50 to 60 times per month. Using a light box to display your signage allows your customers to see your sign 24/7, a power source that would be a lot more expensive if you were to use digital signs.
- Your signage draws people in on impulse. One survey showed that up to 45 percent of people reported stopping at a business on impulse last year, proving that signage could increase footfall into your retail spaces. You’re already reaping the rewards of creating a life time value out of your repeat purchasers —why not entice a few in on impulse? You’ll gain a new customer that you can add to those who come back to brand time and time again.
To find out more about what Simpson Group can offer your business call us on 0191 416 1579 or email us at email@example.com
Established in 1972, Simpson Group has been providing an award-winning point of sale print for the biggest names in retail for the last 46 years. We’re constantly investing in pioneering technology and client-benefiting services to ensure we are the market leader in cutting edge POP & POS. We are even home to Europe’s only simulated shopping mall – Influence Mall!